Coro López-Izquierdo (Madrid, 1958) is an architect and artist. She currently works as a professor of Architectural drawing at the Technical building school of the Polytechnic University of Madrid.
She has collaborated on several art exhibitions both collective and individual. Her first solo exhibition was in 1990 in Santander at the art gallery Maria Blanchard. Since then she has done more solo exhibitions such as the ones done at: Peironcely Art Gallery (Madrid: 1991-1993), Kreisler Art Gallery (Madrid, 1995 and 1999), Fréderic Got Fine Art Gallery (Paris, 2000 and 2002), Torreón de Lozoya (Segovia, 1996, 2004 and 2008), Ansorena Fine Art Gallery (Madrid, 2004, 2007, 2010 and 2014), Casa de Vacas Pavilion in Parque del Retiro (Madrid, 2011) or La Alhóndiga (Segovia, 2017), among other.
Coro has also participated in numerous collective exhibitions throughout the world, in different countries such as Spain, United Kingdom or United States. Some of the most significant have been in: Durán Art Gallery(Madrid, 1988), the exhibition hall of the Official Architects School of Madrid (Madrid, 1989-1997 and 2016), the Museum of the Royal Houses in Santo Domingo (Santo Domingo, 1995), the Cultural Foundation “MAPFRE Vida” (Madrid, 1997-1998, 2000, 2005-2006), Fréderic Got Fine Art Gallery (Paris and Barbizon: 1999, 2001 and 2003), Alfama Gallery (Madrid, 1999-2010, 2011-2013), Castiglione Gallery (Paris, 2000-2001), Colette Dubois Gallery (Paris, 2005-2006, 2011-2012) and Lucy B. Campbell Fine Art Gallery (2007-2013).
It is worth highlighting with special interest the collective exhibition “Spanish Realism. 50 years”, organized in 2016 by Ansorena Gallery, at the“Sala Baluarte” exhibition hall (at the city hall of Tres Cantos, in Madrid) in which took part prestigious painters such as Antonio López.
Coro has also collaborated with various art galleries, in international art fairs such as: Art Chicago 91 (Chicago: 1991), Arte Santander (Santander, 1993, 1996 and 1998), Art Miami (Miami, 1992 and 2004), Art London (London, 2007, 2008 and 2009) and Art Madrid (Madrid, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014).
Throughout her career she has received numerous recognitions among which stand out:
- BMW First Price. Painting competition. Madrid, 2015.
- Price for “Outstanding architect of the plastic work”. XI-XII-XIV-XV editions (Madrid, 1989, 1990, 1992 and 1993).
- LI-LII edition Reina Sofía Painting Price (via Google) of Painting and Sculpture (Madrid, 2016-2017).
- Honor medal at the XXII edition of the BMW Painting competition (Madrid, 2007)
- Selected as a finalist at the XX, XXVI, XXVII and XXIX editions of the BMW Painting competition (Madrid, 2005,2011, 2012 and 2014).
- Honor medal at the XXIV edition of López-Villaseñor Painting competition (2015).
- Second medal at the 81st edition of the Salón de Otoño competition at the Spanish Association of Painters and sculptors (2015).
- Selected art work at the XIV, XV, XVI, XVII, XVIII, XXIV and XXV for the “Premio Penagos de dibujo” Drawing price (Madrid, 1996-2000, 2005-2006).
Coro exposes assiduously her work in cities like Madrid, Segovia, Paris and London and her art works form part of the best art collections in Spain, both public and private.
Coro belongs to the IAC (Contemporary Art Institute), the AEPE (Spanish Association of Painters and sculptors) and she is a collegiate at the Official School of Architects of Madrid.